header image

I will miss you with all my heart!

Posted by: | June 28, 2012 | 1 Comment |

I have been putting off this particular blog post for a while now, but I think it’s time for me to write it. This is my last year at Fletcher’s Meadow Secondary School, where I spent the last seven wonderful years with the most amazing individuals and it’s difficult to imagine that I will not work with them again next year. I never thought that leaving FMSS would be so difficult, especially my science department.

We have seen each other mature into professionals; we celebrated each others’ birthdays, engagements, weddings and baby showers; we consoled each other during the times when a parent, or someone close to us, passed away; we supported each other when we were sick or when one of our loved ones was sick; we made new colleagues feel welcomed and bid farewell to friends who left us. We became a family and this is exactly why it hurts to say goodbye.

Although we will remain friends, our profession is a busy one and we will not see each other as often as we had in the past. (And this is hard for me to imagine.) But I will remember everyone and cherish their uniqueness. This department has allowed me to develop into a unique educator that I am today and I think that it so important that we allow each others’ individualities and creativities to come to realization – that’s the only way we can grow. It is equally important that we trust and support each other in our innovative pursuits. I can only hope that will have the same kind of support at Erindale that I had at Fletcher’s over the last seven years. I feel like I am a rookie again, and it’s very humbling.

Since I decided to transfer to another school two weeks ago, I have been going through somewhat an emotional time, and emotional often does not equal rational. But every change is an opportunity to grow and with growth often comes the pain. This is my way of rationalizing the emotional pain that I feel as I cut the umbilical cord with the science department and the school that will always be the foundation of my career and an inspiration for my future.  Science: you have all been an inspiration and I look up to all of you!

I will miss you very much!

under: Spiritual

1 Comment

1. By: Graham on June 28, 2012 at 7:23 am      

Mirjan,

You continue to be a mentor and an inspiration to me. We are all so proud of the amazing educator you have become and we wish you the very best as you move forward in your career, sharing your talent and enthusiasm with others.

Best of luck. You will be missed.

Leave a response

Your response:

Categories